Birth Control Question

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
mmg15

Birth Control Question

Unread post by mmg15 »

Hello there!

So I began birth control about a month ago. About two weeks into taking the birth control, my boyfriend and I experimented a little with sex, but he cannot have an orgasm due to the fact that he had a virus which attacked his spinal cord and rendered the lower half of his body pretty useless for a few weeks. In addition, we also used condoms with spermicidal lube, just in case, since he can still produce pre-ejaculate fluid. I have finished my first month of birth control and am a week into my second pack of pills and still have not received my period. Should I be worried? I know pregnancy seems a little far-fetched, but what could be another explanation?

Thank you so much in advance :)
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Birth Control Question

Unread post by Heather »

Can you tell me what method of birth control you are using, and when you started using it per the timing of your last menstrual period?

(And my best wishes for your boyfriend's healing and recovery: that sounds like one hell of a bout of very rough illness.)
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
mmg15

Unread post by mmg15 »

I take Minastrin 24 Fe, it's a relatively low dosage. I started taking it April 19th. Thank you for you help!
Heather

Unread post by Heather »

Okay, and on what date was your last menstrual period?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
mmg15

Unread post by mmg15 »

April 16th and lasted until April 19th
Heather

Unread post by Heather »

So, you did a Sunday start then, which means that by ine week in, your pill alone, was most likely fully effective. And, of course, you had the condoms as a backup, to boot, so I am totally comfortable ruling pregnancy out here. If you aren't, though, then your next step will be a pregnancy test.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic