safe?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
danix0

safe?

Unread post by danix0 »

Hi,
I've been on Yaz flex pills which contains 30 active pills (combined BCP) and comes with a clyk dispenser for about 7 months. This month I've taken 27 active pills and decided to take a break for 4 days (break -no pills for 4 days) because i reached a 25 cycle that allows you too and have a "bleed", had my period on the 18 and it last for 5 days. After my break I had 3 active pills left from that cartilage and continue taking them and took a "new" pill from the new cartilage on the 23rd. That day i had intercourse and the condom teared at the tip and he withdraw. There was no ejaculation but i worry about pre cum or am I still safe. I never missed a pill and always taken them 8am.

it is wrong that i continue from the old packet even thou is active pills and start my new packet after them?
Eddie C
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I create. :)
Primary language: Spanish and English
Pronouns: She, her, they, hey you!
Sexual identity: Happy :)

Re: safe?

Unread post by Eddie C »

Hello there, danix0. Welcome to Scarleteen!

I just wanted you to know that someone saw your post and when someone with more knowledge than me comes in, they will reply to you, okay? This is not my strongest subject so I don't want to give you an answer I am not completely sure about but didn't want you to feel ignored either. :)
Karyn
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I collect condoms.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Karyn »

Hi danix0. I'm not familiar with your particular brand of pills, but from what I can see on their website, as long as you do not take a break that's longer than 4 days, your protection should not be compromised. Since you continued taking active pills after that, I would say you're fine, but it would be a good idea to double check with a pharmacist or the doctor who prescribed the pills for you - they'll be able to tell you for sure.

Even if your pill was less effective, you did use a backup method - withdrawal - so the pregnancy risk here is still low. Do you want to talk about how to use condoms to minimize the chances of them breaking?
"Where there is power, there is resistance." -Michel Foucault
danix0

Unread post by danix0 »

the brand i've been on since october 2014, is Yaz Flex ethinyloestradiol(as betides clathrate. 20 microgram, dropirenone 3mg
i was prescribed because i had terrible period pains lasting 5 days but 7 days of pain.
I became sexually active and i always worry If I'm doing it wrong or safe and always use condoms.

So it was ok taking active pills even if its in the old package. Ive been told a lot to get ECP.
I do want to know how to minimise the breaking.

thankyou for all your help. :)
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi danix,

So, as far as how to use condoms in a way that minimizes their odds of breaking, you can check out this article:
All the Barriers! All the Time!
Have you been able to check with your pharmacist or doctor about your questions?

You mention that you always worry about your protection. Do you have a sense of where that worry comes from?
danix0

Unread post by danix0 »

Thank you for all your help. My doctor did tell me i'am safe without a second method of protection but I'm more comfortable with both.

I just worry as I'm not use to all this and ask advice . I'm okay now :)

Thank you all for the help :)
Eddie C
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I create. :)
Primary language: Spanish and English
Pronouns: She, her, they, hey you!
Sexual identity: Happy :)

Unread post by Eddie C »

You're very welcome! :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic