Period

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Katyalv03
Awesomeness Quotient: hair
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: straight

Period

Unread post by Katyalv03 »

i was on the pill for 5 months then stopped this month, i had the withdrawal bleeding but havent gotten my period since then. Is that normal?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Period

Unread post by Heather »

It's common, when coming off a method of hormonal contraception, for it to take a while for your cycles to come back around and find their "normal" for your body off that medication. Do you have any reason to suspect a potential pregnancy? In other words, since you went off the pill, have you had any intercourse without using a method of reliable contraception properly?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Katyalv03
Awesomeness Quotient: hair
Sexual identity: straight

Unread post by Katyalv03 »

No but i did have sex the same day i started my birth control after my period, we used a condom and we did the water test after to check for holes and nothing but there was white thick discharge, could that have been me discharging?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

If the discharge was on the outside of the condom, then it was most likely from you (we can't say for sure, as we weren't there)
And you to whom adversity has dealt the final blow/with smiling bastards lying to you everywhere you go/turn to and put out all your strength of arm and heart and brain/and like the Mary Ellen Carter rise again.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic