The Pill

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
loveyoruxx
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: eyes
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she her
Sexual identity: bisexual

The Pill

Unread post by loveyoruxx »

So I began taking the pill about 5 months ago. I havent missed a day at all. I always take my birth control pill around 3, 4, 5, 6pm. But there will be times where I forget to bring it somewhere and then I have to take it around 9ish or 10ish. Does it pose any risks by taking it later?
Emma
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: My love of travel and exploration!
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Don't use any :)

Re: The Pill

Unread post by Emma »

Hi, loveyoruxx. Your coverage depends on whether you take a combination pill or a progestin-only ("mini") pill. If you're taking a combo pill (which I'd assume you are, considering you seem to have more wiggle room with when you take your pill), and it's after the first week of your pill pack, since your last pill was less than 24 hours ago, you should be covered (but it can't hurt to use a backup method like a condom which prevents STI transmission, anyway). If it's the first week of a new pack, use a backup method (condom, diaphragm, etc) if you have sex in the next 7 days. If you'e on the mini-pill, even being a few hours late means you need to use a backup method if you have sex for the next 2 days.
"What happens when people open their hearts? They get better." — Haruki Murakami
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic