birth control and travelling

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Questionss
not a newbie

birth control and travelling

Unread post by Questionss »

So im gonna be going on vacation tomorrow and i have a question about the pills. So my family doesnt know im on them but i would like to keep them in my carry on bag, Will they be taken out of my bag at airport security? and if they will be is it safe to just keep them in my luggage?
Questionss
not a newbie

Re: birth control and travelling

this will be an airport in the states by the way
Redskies
previous staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: they/them or she/her
Sexual identity: bisexual/queer/pansexual

Unread post by Redskies »

With any kind of prescription medication, it's better to keep it with you if you can rather than to pack it in your luggage, because of the possibility of lost or delayed luggage. No-one needs the extra headache of trying to figure out how to replace medicine at short notice in an unfamiliar place!

There's not really any guarantee whether your hand luggage will or wouldn't be searched, but pills themselves shouldn't set off any alert in a scanner or cause a search. If you just make sure that your hand luggage doesn't contain anything that the airline and airport say it shouldn't, that will greatly reduce the chance that security staff will want to look in your bag.
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.
Questionss
not a newbie

Ok thank you!
Redskies
previous staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: they/them or she/her
Sexual identity: bisexual/queer/pansexual

Unread post by Redskies »

You're welcome!
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic