30ED vs 20ED

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
bigbywolf
not a newbie
Primary language: English please!
Pronouns: She/they
Sexual identity: Pansexual

30ED vs 20ED

Unread post by bigbywolf »

Hi.

I am currently on AVA 20 ED. My doctor suggested I take it while skipping two sessions of sugar pills at a time so that I didn't have to menstruate often. Eventually my body got used to the pill and I could go through all three packets without taking the sugar pills at the end of the first two packets, while not experiencing any bleeding or spotting. Recently, I have been able to take fewer and fewer pills before I start bleeding. The bleeding does not stop until I go onto sugar pills.

I was wondering if changing the dosage from the 20ED to the 30ED would help with the frustrating bleeding? I will visit my doctor to see what they can suggest. What are the other pros/cons about changing from 20ED to 30ED? What contraceptives am I less likely to bleed a lot off of? I am sick of having a period - especially unpredicted, very long ones. I looked at Depo Provera but there's a side effect of being predisposed to get depressed that I don't want to mess with.
Redskies
previous staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: they/them or she/her
Sexual identity: bisexual/queer/pansexual

Re: 30ED vs 20ED

Unread post by Redskies »

A question that's about such specific medication is usually best asked of your healthcare provider.

Were you having any menstrual difficulties - eg, very long periods, or very heavy or painful periods - before you started taking this pill, or any other hormonal contraception?
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: 30ED vs 20ED

Unread post by Heather »

Just to be clear, that disclaimer at the bottom of every page of the site is one we need, and addresses the fact that prescribing information like this is not something we can give: that's something only an in-person, qualified healthcare provider can do.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic