Spotting after sex

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
eee9

Spotting after sex

Unread post by eee9 »

So my boyfriend and I had sex the other night and we used a condom the whole time. This was the first time we used a water based lube also, although I was not too sure about it or that we used enough. After we were finished I used the restroom and it burned when I urinated I also noticed a little pink blood on the toilet paper when I wiped. I go to the gyno every year for an exam and will be going in a few months, although this kind of freaked me out since I do not recall it happening before.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Spotting after sex

Unread post by Heather »

Spotting or bleeding can just happen sometimes with intercourse. If it's not something happening without explanation for weeks, and not just with intercourse sometimes, it usually isn't anything you need to be concerned with per it being about something bigger.

When this does happen with intercourse, only, it's most typically because of any or all of the following:
• Being too hasty to go into intercourse, rather than the receptive partner already being very turned on and having engaged in other sexual activities they like, and that get them very aroused, first
• Not using enough lubricant, not adding more as needed, or not using it soon enough.
• Anyone being too rough or aggressive
• Having intercourse right around ovulation or just before or after a menstrual period

If you are ONLY seeing blood when urinating, and also have any pain or burning urinating, you may be dealing with a urinary tract or kidney infection. So, if any of this keeps up or gets worse over the next day or two, it'd be best to see a healthcare provider. And in the event you're not current with STI testing, while most STIs, most of the time, are asymptomatic, bleeding with intercourse is one of the most common signs of a Chlamydia infection, so an STI test would be a good idea if this starts happening every time with intercourse.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
eee9

Unread post by eee9 »

Thank you very much for all the information! I am a little less worried now but will still bring it up to the Dr!
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

You're welcome. :) Anything else I can help with today?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
eee9

Unread post by eee9 »

That's it! Thanks :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic