Question about condoms (time sensitive)

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
collegekiwi
not a newbie
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Straight

Question about condoms (time sensitive)

Unread post by collegekiwi »

Hello,

I slept with this guy in college who I don't really know and I noticed that during sex, the condom began to slip off (once it almost did when we changed positions, but I made him grab a new one to be safe because I knew that if we kept that one it may slip completely off). After changing the condom to a new one, he finished inside me and as he pulled out I noticed that the condom had slipped about half way down his shaft, but the sperm was indeed in the top area of the condom. I have searched the archives in the old boards and I saw a post where another person experienced something similar, except that the condom had only covered the tip by the time they'd finished and a member said that it was not considered a failure. The guy said that the condom sliding off happens all the time for him and that none of his previous partners has gotten pregnant.

I had to stop seeing that boy because the way he responded to my concern about this made me feel like he didn't have respect for my sexual health (he didn't even want to talk to me about it in a way that would comfort me). So, it'd be unfortunate if I got pregnant in this situation. I was on the pill, but during the pill pack before all of this happened, I messed up so bad and I bled for two weeks straight (because I missed a lot of pills during the pack and it continued through the withdrawal week) so I know I'm not protected. Just yesterday I hit the 7 day mark on my new pack, but I imagine that it doesn't matter since everything happened before I hit the seven day period.

Sorry to take so long to get the actual question. My question is do you think that I should take the morning after pill as a precaution? Or did I not have an actual pregnancy risk that would require me to do so. It's been only over 24 hours since it happened, so I still can. I just wanted to be sure because I do know that the ECP can cause really bad side effects.

Thank you!
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Question about condoms (time sensitive)

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Collegekiwi,

So, as long as the condom did not break or come all the way off, you can assume it did it's job. However, if you want to take Plan B as an added precaution, that is something you can do.
collegekiwi
not a newbie

Would it be recommended in this case to do so, or only suggested if I would like to?
Sam W

Unread post by Sam W »

It would be more for if you would like to and think it would help lessen your anxiety.
collegekiwi
not a newbie

Thank you very much!

I would also like to tell you how much I appreciate this website and your work on it as well! It's informed me so well over the past few years and I don't know what I'd do without it. Keep up the good work :)
collegekiwi
not a newbie

Hello,

I wasn't sure if I should make a new thread so I decided to just post here once more. I was wondering what I should be expecting with Plan B as I am on the pill at the same time. Will Plan B make my withdrawal bleed come late or will it cause me to miss it? Or should I be on time? My withdrawal bleed is due by this Wednesday and I took the ECP about on the 8th day of my pill pack (2 days after I got worried) so it was fairly early.
I just wanted to have an idea on what to expect so that I may act accordingly.

Thanks!
Sam W

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi collegekiwi,

Plan B is going to effect everyone differently, but causing cycle changes is a possible side effect. That may mean a bleed comes earlier or later than expected, so it's one of those things where you may have to hang tight and see how it interacts with your body.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic