can fingering cause pregnancy?

Questions and discussion about your sexual lives, choices, activities, ideas and experiences.
dancer4life
not a newbie

can fingering cause pregnancy?

Unread post by dancer4life »

so i have been seeing this guy for a couple of months, and he decided to finger me, but i was wearing underwear and leggings. Im having a little anxiety and sacred they may be a risk of pregnancy occurring? would love some clarification

thank you
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: can fingering cause pregnancy?

Unread post by Heather »

Here is a list right here on the site of what activities do and do not present STI or pregnancy risks, and when they do, what level of risk: Can I Get Pregnant, or Get or Pass On an STI From That?

You'll look up the listing on that page for manual sex ("fingering" or "handjobs") if that contact happened with his hands *under* your underwear. If it happened *over* any of your clothing, then you'll instead look under petting or massage.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
dancer4life
not a newbie

thank you heather

it was through the clothing so no contact to the skin... that means there is no risk of pregnancy correct... sorry just developed a little anxiety from this
dancer4life
not a newbie

Heather wrote:Here is a list right here on the site of what activities do and do not present STI or pregnancy risks, and when they do, what level of risk: Can I Get Pregnant, or Get or Pass On an STI From That?

You'll look up the listing on that page for manual sex ("fingering" or "handjobs") if that contact happened with his hands *under* your underwear. If it happened *over* any of your clothing, then you'll instead look under petting or massage.
thank you heather

it was through the clothing so no contact to the skin... that means there is no risk of pregnancy correct... sorry just developed a little anxiety from this
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Dancer4life,

Yep, you read that right :) . If you're finding that engaging in this kind of activity is making you anxious, that's generally a sign that you need to scale back what you and your partner are doing to a level where you feel comfortable. If you'd like, I can give you some information on how to have those conversations
dancer4life
not a newbie

Sam W wrote:Hi Dancer4life,

Yep, you read that right :) . If you're finding that engaging in this kind of activity is making you anxious, that's generally a sign that you need to scale back what you and your partner are doing to a level where you feel comfortable. If you'd like, I can give you some information on how to have those conversations
thank you that has put my mind at rest! and yes, this is something i will not engage in again until i feel comfortable and ready. i would love some information on how to talk to my boyfriend about this

thank you
Eddie C
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I create. :)
Primary language: Spanish and English
Pronouns: She, her, they, hey you!
Sexual identity: Happy :)

Unread post by Eddie C »

Hello there, dancer4life.

Maybe you can start with this and if you need any help after we can take it from there. :)

http://www.scarleteen.com/article/relat ... g_too_fast
dancer4life
not a newbie

hi, quick question... i had a little discharge 4 days later after this happened, it was brown in colour and 2 days later i got my period. I was due my period mid december but never got it as i am quite irregular. But was just wondering did fingering bring on my period even though it was through my clothes, and this is not indication that I'm pregnant? right?

thank you
dancer4life
not a newbie

ok im a little worried... I've stopped bleeding... could this be implantation bleeding ??
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Unread post by Mo »

When you know you haven't done anything that puts you at risk of pregnancy, then you can be sure that whatever kind of bleeding you're noticing, it isn't related to pregnancy. If you're still worried, you can take a pregnancy test.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic