Info

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Dolly68
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: My eyes
Primary language: English
Pronouns: Her
Sexual identity: Straight

Info

Unread post by Dolly68 »

I read somewhere that if you eat a meal after you take your bc pill and you eat it fast, you can rush the metabolism which can in turn make your pill not be digested well. Is this true? I know a lot of stuff online are not always accurate so I wanted to ask you guys.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Info

Unread post by Heather »

Dolly, as I've talked about with you before:
1) Your medication -- your birth control pill -- comes with patient information that tells you what matters about it, including how to take it properly. If things like this, or others you have asked about before, mattered when it came to using that medication properly, it would be included in that information.
2) Your doctor or pharmacist are THE right people to talk to about concerns with any medication, including this one.

I need to now set a hard limit with you on questions like these, where we're just done with questions like this about your pill that mostly seem to be based in you taking yourself to places talking about the pill that aren't likely credible, rather than sticking with that patient information and/or your prescribing physical or pharmacist. What you really need to do for yourself when it comes to this is stop seeking out stuff like this and stick to those credible sources. Asking us to debunk things you have read or heard elsewhere you seek out against our advice isn't a sound use of our time or yours.

If you remain feeling so unconfident in your pill that you just can't seem to stop yourself from doing the kinds of searches leading you to this kind of information, your best next step is to talk with your doctor, as we've also advised before. It may be that, for whatever reason, rational or not, you just don't feel confident enough in this method for it to be the right one for you. A doctor can talk with you about that and help you find a method or methods you DO feel confident in. Alternately, if you can't seem to stop yourself from doing things that you know make you anxious, it may be that asking for a mental health referral is the way to go, to make sure you aren't struggling with compulsive behaviour, or some other mental health issue.

But these kinds of conversations here need to come to an end. We've had far too many of them with you, and it's just not an appropriate use of our services, nor respectful of limits just like this we've set and asked you to please respect before.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Locked Previous topicNext topic