So frustrated. Should I use backup?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Girltuesday2015
not a newbie

So frustrated. Should I use backup?

Unread post by Girltuesday2015 »

So, I'm really frustrated. I'm still continuing to spot on my last two active pills of my pack on Ortho Tri Cyclen. Been on this pill forever and I'm finally so sick of it because of the spotting.

Do I need to use backup if I have consistent breakthrough bleeding every month? My mom mentioned my pill might not be strong enough which has me kind of worried. I take it at the same time each day. (I've probably already asked this question - if I did, sorry).

On another note - I finally have an appointment for a Nexplanon in April so I'm really excited about that! Until then - should I do anything different?
Eddie C
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I create. :)
Primary language: Spanish and English
Pronouns: She, her, they, hey you!
Sexual identity: Happy :)

Re: So frustrated. Should I use backup?

Unread post by Eddie C »

Hello there, Girltuesday.

Spotting -- even if you have it every month -- is not a sign that your pill is not working. Side effects of BC vary widely because everybody is different. If you want to use back up that's always something that you can do, and yes it will increase your safety, but not because your pill is not enough but because 2 methods are always better than one.

Here is some information about backing up your BC: http://www.scarleteen.com/article/sexua ... ol_with_a_
And good luck with the implant! :)
Girltuesday2015
not a newbie

Unread post by Girltuesday2015 »

Thanks. That's what I thought. I'm super nervous about getting the Nexplanon, but that efficacy rate sounds fabulous. I hope I'm not one of the girls that has "forever" periods on it.
Stephanie
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: Social Butterfly :)
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/ her
Sexual identity: Bisexual

Unread post by Stephanie »

Everyone's bodies are different, so side effects range widely. Personally, I got mine inserted in August of this past year. I have longer periods of spotting but lighter shorter regular bleeds. I've found I like it better than any of the other methods I've tried, so hopefully your experience is positive as well.
If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic