Coping with long distance

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
rinrinrin
Primary language: english/greek
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: bisexual

Coping with long distance

Unread post by rinrinrin »

My boyfriend and I have been together for 6 months and all of it has been long distance. We got to meet in person after being together for 3 months and being friends for over a year. It's been a little over two months since I last saw him and I'm hurting a lot from missing him, I'm crying a lot and it just really hurts. He's 17 and next January he'll be 18 and that's when he's moving here to be with me, but I don't know how much longer I can wait at this point. I love him so much but I'm scared that he won't get enough money to get a place or anything, I'm scared he'll spend it all on non-necessities. The next chance I have to see him is this summer, but I'm worried that my brother (he and my bf live in LA) will think that I'm using him to see my boyfriend, which isn't the case. My boyfriend and I skype, we text, we do all that we can, but I don't know how to cope with the 2000 mile distance
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Coping with long distance

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi rinrin,

Ooof, long distance relationships can be so tricky. It sounds like you're already doing a lot of sound stuff, like skyping and texting to keep in touch. Something I'm hearing is that you have some worries about the plans between you two in the future. Have you spoken to him at all about those worries?

You may also find this article has a few tips and ideas for how to make this a little easier : Going the Distance: A Few Thoughts on Long-Distance Relationships
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic