Ew a crush

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
ocean99
not a newbie
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them

Ew a crush

Unread post by ocean99 »

Hello, I already sent this on the answer/questions thing because I wasn't able to sign in on from a computer so here goes. So there's this geometry teacher that I have a crush on... And I'm really annoyed. I don't know how my wack self developed these weird feelings for this old guy. He's like 1967 old.
I think I probably developed this from liking his attention that he would give me when helping me with assignments. I might be liking an idealized version of him or something. How can I get over this? It's kind of hard to avoid him because he always picks on me to answer questions and I'm in his class first thing in the morning and for tues/thurs tutoring. I'm on springbreak right now, so I have time to rid him off my mind.
Sam W
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Ew a crush

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi lomidahomie,

I have to say, it's not uncommon for people to have a least one crush on a teacher in their life. Crushes can be fun distractions, but in your case it sounds like this is mostly an annoyance that you'd like to get rid of.

You've actually been doing some introspection about where these feelings are coming from, which is awesome. Generally, crushes will fade over time (especially if you're not invested in keeping them going). So one option is to just wait this out. One other thing to try, if you haven't already, is to give your brain someone else to crush on to see if you can shift it's focus away from your teacher. Is their a celebrity who you find particularly crush worthy?
And you to whom adversity has dealt the final blow/with smiling bastards lying to you everywhere you go/turn to and put out all your strength of arm and heart and brain/and like the Mary Ellen Carter rise again.
ocean99
not a newbie

Unread post by ocean99 »

Thanks for the reply. And I gotta say, Nicole Scherzinger got me feeling some type of way. I'm shifting the focus on her, not the old dude.
al
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I make zines!

Unread post by al »

Nicole Scherzinger!!! Absolutely. I see you.
Put a picture of the Pussycat Dolls on the front of your binder and hum "Buttons" to yourself whenever he comes near. What geometry teacher?? :)
Nothing happens in contradiction to nature, only in contradiction to what we know of it. -Special Agent Dana Katherine Scully
Stephanie
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: Social Butterfly :)
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/ her
Sexual identity: Bisexual

Unread post by Stephanie »

Hey al: This section is for questions users are asking for replies from staff only. See you around the rest of the boards :)
If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you.
al
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I make zines!

Unread post by al »

Oops! Sorry! Got too excited about Nicole Scherzinger. Lol.
Nothing happens in contradiction to nature, only in contradiction to what we know of it. -Special Agent Dana Katherine Scully
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic