Precum transfer risk?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
gkc24
not a newbie

Precum transfer risk?

Unread post by gkc24 »

Hi there,

Before I take off my clothes to put on a condom, my penis will be wet with precum from the foreplay. As the condom is put on, I find it extremely difficult to not touch my penis at all so I will get a tiny amount of it on my fingers as I unroll the condom. Not only that, I noticed my that my precum is quite viscous so as the condom is unrolled a "glob" of the precum gets rolled down as well and will not be contained inside the condom until it reaches the base of my penis and makes the hair there wet. I follow all instructions on the condoms and use them correctly all the time :). I just wanted to know if these weird situations involving my precum would be a risk when it comes to pregnancy and STDs.

From reading the articles on this website I can assume that these situations I mentioned count as indirect transfer and shouldnt be a problem considering the precum is going from the tip of the penis to touching my fingers/condom and then being rolled down to the base and touching the pubic hairs is that right? Thanks!
Ashleah
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: "I'm a woman phenomenally"
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/Her
Sexual identity: Straight

Re: Precum transfer risk?

Unread post by Ashleah »

You can find the answer regarding STIs here: Can I Get Pregnant, or Get or Pass On an STI From That?

We will not answer ANY questions about pregnancy fear or anxiety in our direct services from users who are not pregnant or who are not or have not otherwise been directly involved with an actual pregnancy.

Please do not post this kind of question. If you are seeing this text, and your thread is locked, it is because you have posted this kind of question.

We CAN and WILL talk about things like:
• choosing and using a method or methods of contraception for any future sexual activity
• creating your own sexual limits and boundaries based on your needs and/or presenting them to any partners
• making sexual choices that suit your own needs, abilities and limitations, including your own readiness for certain possible risks
• help locating or using emergency contraception if and when you have had a pregnancy risk
• discussing options with a real, existing pregnancy, and help finding and accessing those options, such as abortion services and pre-natal care, or discussing feelings or concerns about a past pregnancy
• help with anxiety like locating mental health services, sound self-help or asking for support from friends or family

OPTIONAL SECTION BASED ON THE POST IF PART OF THE QUESTION INCLUDED SOMETHING WE CAN TALK ABOUT/HELP WITH: You mentioned [text here to summarize the issue we CAN talk with them about]. We've made a new thread to talk about that with you here: (link)

That link will be to a new thread you have made for them with a topic title that reflects that content. Alternately, if these is an existing support or help thread that you feel is a good place for them to discuss the issue, you can link to that instead.

For help dealing with a scare (including what poses a risk and your next steps based on your unique situation), you may use our tool on site built for this purpose: The Pregnancy Panic Companion.
For help with anxiety, click here.
For related help and information at Scarleteen, click here.
If you would like more information about this policy, click here.
Locked Previous topicNext topic