Should I have taken.another plan b?

Questions and discussion about contraception, safer sex, STIs, sexual healthcare and other sexual health issues.
xmetalgirl
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: Artsy Fartsy
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her, they/them
Sexual identity: Female

Should I have taken.another plan b?

Unread post by xmetalgirl »

Hello,
In the same night, I had around maybe about 6 rounds of sex? It was like at 10 pm, 10:30, 11pm 12pm etc. First was with a condom, the rest where all unprotected/pulled out but the last time was came on top of my butt area. All risky stuff anyway, I took plan b around 8:45 am today so about 8ish-12ish hours after. Should I have taken another plan b since I went a few rounds? Or was taking one good enough to cover it?
xmetalgirl
not a newbie

Re: Should I have taken.another plan b?

I also had white suds/white stuff in my urine about three times when I went to the washroom in the morning, is that normal?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

One dose of emergency contraception covers any risks of pregnancy that occurred in 120 hours *before* it is taken.

If you want to talk about why you went without condoms when you clearly - since you used Plan B - didn't feel comfortable with that, or want help holding your ground with a partner when it comes to condoms, please let us know.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
xmetalgirl
not a newbie

I feel stupid.
I went with a guy who later just did it without a condom but I didn't say anything. I was scared and didn't speak up but I know I should have :( I've been feeling lonely and friendless for a long time now, I just wanted to have fun and felt like someone cared. I know pretty stupid of me. I regret it all, I just hope that the plan b worked and I could forget about it all
I should probably stop talking to him soon though, right?
If he was careless for that then he's probably not a good friend
Oh and I had a spot of blood the next day after taking it. I know that's a symptom but is that considered a good symptom? Because on the site of the medication, it says if you do not have any spotting for a while you have to take a test.
Last edited by xmetalgirl on Sun May 29, 2016 6:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
xmetalgirl
not a newbie

Oh yeah also I hope I didn't catch anything dangerous -_-
Don't think that I forgot about that
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

I'm so sorry you had that experience and that you -- and you know, we all will from time to time -- picked such a dud of a partner. I'm sure this isn't about you being stupid, and I'm sorry you're feeling that way.

The good news is that experiences like this will often give us information we can use moving forward to avoid cruddy partners and things we don't want.

Can I ask: did you feel scared of this guy before you started anything sexual with him? If so, moving forward, do you think you have the ability to pay attention to those feelings more and just turn down someone like this before you do anything? If not, when did you start feeling scared? And when you did, what do you think, in the future, you can do for yourself that might make you feel more able to stand up for yourself and either just put a halt to sex with someone like this, or insist they put a condom on?

Also, I hear you saying you wanted to have fun, but unless you enjoy feeling scared sexually (some people do), it sounds to me like at a certain point it wasn't fun for you anymore. When did it stop being fun? And again, in the future, what do you think you need to be able to walk away from something sexual that isn't fun for you anymore?

Per talking to this guy or not, that's up to you. But if I felt scared of someone for any reason, as well as unable to assert myself with them, I'd personally take those things combined as a cue that that person probably isn't good for me, so no, I'd choose to stop hanging out with them at all.

There's no such thing as "good" side effects of a medication in this respect. Spotting is a side effect some people have with Plan B, but it doesn't tell us anything about if it's working or not. The only way we can know emergency contraception has or hasn't worked is by waiting to find out if we did or didn't become pregnant, alas.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
xmetalgirl
not a newbie

I have felt a little scared from this guy before the sexual stuff happened. Mostly because he seemed to just be interested in sex sort of (but not really actually saying it directly if you know what I mean)
I'm already working on telling him that I don't want to see him anymore, but slowly telling him so that I just feel better at my pace. Or maybe he will just want to remain friends, which is okay with me. He's not necessarily a bad person, I just don't want to feel kind of used? Or something like that.
I have asked him why he didn't use condoms after and he said he did care about it but since I did not say anything he thought that I thought it was okay to go ahead without it. He also assumed if I was on birth control too and well yeah we didnt really know each other well. I guess it's true that I should of said something about it first and he got the wrong intentions.
When I mean by I wanted to have fun was that I started thinking about having more partners/being casual. Mostly because my life has been feeling kind of dull and I was sticking to just one partner. Seeing all these other girls having a lot of boyfriends and such, I wanted to give a try. Which I did like the idea of but then I just didn't like what this guy ended up doing. I feel like I can't trust him anymore.
I have taken the pill on the 21st day of my cycle, is it probably going to make my period late? I know it's part of the side effects but it's just very close to my period and I feel like maybe the extra hormones might mess with it? I initially wasn't going to take the pill because it was so close to my period but then I knew that it was probably better that I did.
Sam W
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi xmetalgirl, I hope you don't mind my jumping in

It sounds like your gut gets worried when it feels like someone just wants sex from you. That's something you can store away for later, so if someone pings that fear again, you can recognize it. I think it's definitely good to draw away from this guy, and to avoid being a lone with him again.

It's true that it would have been best to talk about contraception prior to engaging in anything (if you ever want help with those conversations, that's something we can give you resources on). But, it was also on him to check to see if going without the condom was okay, rather than assuming that it was. After all, you're supposed to only treat a yes as a yes, rather than treating the lack of a no as a yes. Make sense?

When thinking about having casual sex, of the two reasons you gave, which do you think had more pull on the choice you made? In other words, was the choice more about what you wanted, or more about a feeling of what you should be doing because of what you perceive others as doing?

We really can't know how your body will react to the plan B. It's just one of those instances where you have to wait and see what happens.
And you to whom adversity has dealt the final blow/with smiling bastards lying to you everywhere you go/turn to and put out all your strength of arm and heart and brain/and like the Mary Ellen Carter rise again.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic