Do I have an std?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
LovelyStar
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: My confidence
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: I'm straight, and trans

Do I have an std?

Unread post by LovelyStar »

I've written a post here about a month ago about what happened. But I'll shorten it, I'm 14 and was stupid enough to have sex with much older guys after sneaking out, luckily I tried to get myself out of both situations and luckily went home before things continued farther. Basically I am a trans female and I did these things out of pure curiousity and not realizing what emotional and health damages it could of caused. I'm sorry if this gets descriptive but both times I was given oral, the first time is when I tried to give anal but I stopped around then, the second time was just oral. I've stopped myself since from getting in another situation like that, I still feel ashamed daily and worried I might have an std. Ever since a few months ago I've been getting itches all over my body randomly, its odd since I get the itches a lot and sometimes it takes forever for the itches to stop, it can happen anywhere, my scrotum, my scalp, my arms, etc. I don't think the itching is caused by an std but I just want to be sure, there really is nothing else noticeable outside from recently having a weird pimple like bump on my scrotum, I popped it and it left a small pink/red mark. I've had nothing else noticeable outside a dry throat which could be since its really dry here. I'm not sure if I do have an std, and I'm not sure how to address this to my parents as both are really protective and would possibly disown or kick me out of the house if I told them, so I'm not sure what to do. Sorry if I went too into detail, I just want to make sure.
Redskies
previous staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: they/them or she/her
Sexual identity: bisexual/queer/pansexual

Re: Do I have an std?

Unread post by Redskies »

I'm sorry to hear you're still having some hard feelings about those encounters, but very glad that you've been able to stop doing something that was making you feel bad.

Per the health parts of this: now you've been sexually active, it'd be wise anyway to start with your routine sexual healthcare and STI testing. We can't tell you whether you have an STI or not - although we would if we could for people's peace of mind, I'm afraid that the internet isn't that good! The only thing that can tell anyone for sure is by getting STI tests. Do you know where to get that kind of healthcare? If you're not sure, we'd be very happy to help you navigate that, including finding a service that would be respectful of your gender identity, if you wanted that. You also don't have to tell your parents, if you don't want to or if you think it'd be unsafe, in order to get this kind of healthcare.

Were you using barriers (eg condoms) during these encounters?

Something that looked like a pimple was most likely just a pimple - although again, no-one can know for sure over the internet. (For the future, it's best not to pop them if you can help it, to limit the chance of infection and scarring. If it's uncomfortable, a warm compress can help.) Itching on various parts of your body doesn't sound particularly like an STI, but it does sound like something a general doctor or dermatologist should be able to help with. Do you have a healthcare provider you could see for that?
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic