Vomited on microgynon 30

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
SilverGirl
Awesomeness Quotient: Singing voice
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Heterosexual

Vomited on microgynon 30

Unread post by SilverGirl »

Firstly, hi, I was silver_girl_sailing_on on the old boards. I take microgynon 30 and I'd say I'm somewhere between typical and perfect use. I've been taking it now for over two years. I'm currently about halfway through my pack (mine is the type with no sugar pills, only active pills) and have nine pills left to take. I took my pill yesterday at five o'clock in the afternoon, the time I always take it at. I was up sick at three o'clock in the morning. I was not violently sick, and it was ten hours after taking the pill. The information leaflet states that if you are sick within four hours of taking the pill you should treat it as a lost pill and deal with it accordingly however it does not state what to do if it was more than four hours later. I don't want to assume the pill was effective as normal if it in fact will not be. I have not had sex in exactly one week and I'm unlikely to be having sex again for possibly another week. All of these things considered, is it safe to assume that my normal level of contraception has not been compromised? From reading the information leaflet I don't think I need to do anything differently, do I just continue taking my pills as normal? Should I use another form of contraception next time I have sex? Thanks! :)
Redskies
previous staff/volunteer
Pronouns: they/them or she/her
Sexual identity: bisexual/queer/pansexual

Re: Vomited on microgynon 30

Unread post by Redskies »

Hi, SilverGirl!

With something like this, you can feel sure that your contraception coverage hasn't been compromised. It probably doesn't say what to do after 4 hours because there's nothing anyone needs to do, although clearly it would be helpful if it said so! That four-hour window covers the maximum possible time it would take for your pill to be absorbed in your stomach (and it probably takes rather less time). After that, there's nothing that throwing up even can do in terms of your pill because it's already been absorbed. So yes, you simply continue taking your pills as normal.

(Also, like we offer for our continuing old-board users, I've changed your settings so you're not in the new users group and have full posting access to all the boards right away :) )
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.
SilverGirl
Awesomeness Quotient: Singing voice
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Heterosexual

Unread post by SilverGirl »

Thanks! I thought I was understanding it to be like that but I wanted to check. And thank you for making me a... Non newbie? Oldie? Haha thanks redskies! :)
Redskies
previous staff/volunteer
Pronouns: they/them or she/her
Sexual identity: bisexual/queer/pansexual

Unread post by Redskies »

You're welcome!
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic