Period pain worse since I've started having intercourse

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Lost
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Straight

Period pain worse since I've started having intercourse

Unread post by Lost »

I first started having a sexual relationship about 9months ago, but ever since then my periods have came with massive cramps. I've never had painful period crapms in the past, but every period since starting sex has been painful. I don't have any infections or diseases. I can't find any information in why this is the case? Every month I've had sex my periods have cramps which is uncommon and the blood is more water based blood. Last month I hadn't had sex and my period hasn't been this painless since before I had sex 9months ago? I'm really confused as to why this is the case?
Ashleah
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: "I'm a woman phenomenally"
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/Her
Sexual identity: Straight

Re: Period pain worse since I've started having intercourse

Unread post by Ashleah »

Hi Lost,

It is not unusual for periods to be different (including symptoms)! In fact it is more normal than not. The short answer is that sex does not change the way that your body functions. You can find a more detailed answer here as well as some tips for dealing with painful cramps: http://www.scarleteen.com/article/advic ... our_period
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic