Should I take the pregnancy test?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
audreylinen
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I can write
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she
Sexual identity: straight

Should I take the pregnancy test?

Unread post by audreylinen »

So... We haven't had sexual intercourse but my period is late and i'm very worried, everything seems like a pregnancy symptom to me now, like a missed period and having a musty vaginal smell, down with cold and coughing, cramping without period... I just don't know if i should take the test because I am having my national exams right now and it's really important, and if the test comes out positive i'm scared it will screw up my exams because i'll be so distracted and afraid. However if i don't take the test i can't be at peace, i keep thinking about it everyday and wondering if every new change to my body is a symptom of pregnancy. Should i take the test or not?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Should I take the pregnancy test?

Unread post by Heather »

This really isn't something we can tell you.

By all means, there's never a need for a medically unnecessary medical test, and a pregnancy test is a medical test that's only necessary if someone has been part of something that could realistically result in pregnancy, and that doesn't sound like that's been the case for you.

Missed or late periods can and do occur when people aren't pregnant.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic