Birth Control

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
BlackFish
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: Great Boyfriend
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/Her
Sexual identity: Straight

Birth Control

Unread post by BlackFish »

I've been on birth control for a year now (I'm on Trinessa). In the entire year that I've been on birth control, my periods were VERY regular. They became so regular that I expected them to come on Thursdays between 9 am and 11 am. I start my packs on Sunday, with four weeks of pills; one week is a placebo pill where I'm supposed to get my period. Today my period didn't come. I have been sexually active once during this pack, during the early morning of October 22. Neither of us ejaculated or orgasmed. I know that it is possible to become pregnant from precum and that it is very common to miss a period while on birth control, but I've never missed one before which is what makes this situation feel off to me. Is it possible I'm pregnant? I'm due to start my next pack this coming Sunday, November 13. Should I take a pregnancy test before I take my pill Sunday for accurate results? Or should I wait a week after a missed period?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Birth Control

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Blackfish,

So, even with the pill giving you very regular periods, it's not unusual to have a wonky one here or there. In terms of when and how to take a pregnancy test, that will depend on the specific directions of whatever test you buy. You can get more information on that here: Peeing on a Stick: All About Pregnancy Tests
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic