Chlamydia

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
greenivy12
Sexual identity: Female

Chlamydia

Unread post by greenivy12 »

Is possible to have chlamydia and not pass it on to someone when having unprotected sex?
Redskies
previous staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: they/them or she/her
Sexual identity: bisexual/queer/pansexual

Re: Chlamydia

Unread post by Redskies »

It's possible, yes, in the same way that if someone with a cold coughs right next to you, you'll often catch that cold, but you won't always. With chlamydia, the only way to know would be if one partner tests positive and the other tests negative.

There'd be a high risk of passing on chlamydia with unprotected sex, so if someone has chlamydia or thinks they might, they need to hold off on all kinds of partnered sex until they've been fully treated and re-tested negative to confirm the infection has gone completely. It's also important for any partners to get tested, whether they have symptoms or not, because it's common for chlamydia infections to display no symptoms.

It's important for everyone to have their own STI tests, because a partner's STI status can't tell us anything about our own status.

Would you like any further information or support around this?
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic