Can you have spotting from rough sex?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Hulahoop
Awesomeness Quotient: Medical student
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She
Sexual identity: Female

Can you have spotting from rough sex?

Unread post by Hulahoop »

I was on withdrawal bleeding from Oct 29 to Nov 1 from taking Emergency contraception. I had protected sex on Nov 4 and protected sex on Nov 9. Protected = condom and withdrawal. On Nov 10 and 11, I had spotting, really light and the color was faint brown. Could this be implantation bleeding? Or could it be from vigorous sex from Nov 9? I would say the Nov 9 was pretty much on the rough side. Help.
Redskies
previous staff/volunteer
Pronouns: they/them or she/her
Sexual identity: bisexual/queer/pansexual

Re: Can you have spotting from rough sex?

Unread post by Redskies »

The tissue of the vaginal walls is delicate, so if you were having sex that was a little too rough, yes, that could cause small tears and nicks that bleed a little. You'll just want to be gentle with yourself for a few days to let it heal, like you would any other part of your body. If the sex was rough enough to give you small injuries, you might want to be a bit gentler in future so you don't hurt yourself :)

Also, breakthrough bleeding and spotting, and an irregular menstrual cycle, are very common side effects of emergency contraception, possibly for several cycles after you take it.
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.
Hulahoop
Awesomeness Quotient: Medical student
Pronouns: She
Sexual identity: Female

Re: Can you have spotting from rough sex?

Unread post by Hulahoop »

Thanks so much!!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic