birth control suggestions?

Questions and discussion about contraception, safer sex, STIs, sexual healthcare and other sexual health issues.
muidet
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: Ambitious
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Bisexual Cisgender Female

birth control suggestions?

Unread post by muidet »

im ready to have sex and i have a willing partner now, and since i cant do birth control for a while we plan on just using condoms. but since im scheduled for birth control, which types should i avoid or refuse to take? and does it make you fat/have acne etc? id like one that helps acne if anything. Thanks!
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Re: birth control suggestions?

Unread post by Mo »

We have a roundup of different birth control methods here: Birth Control Bingo!
If you look through this, you can get a good idea of what your options are and the pros/cons of each. There's really no best option, just ones that might be better for you individually. What you can do is find whichever ones look best to you and then ask your doctor for their thoughts, or for more information if you still have questions about them. They can work with you to find the birth control option that best suits your needs.

You have a few other questions in their own threads about intense cramping and acne; those are questions that I think are best suited for a doctor who can examine you and take your medical history into account. Those are all things you could bring up when you get in to talk to someone about birth control options.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic