Period problem?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
wildprincess
not a newbie

Period problem?

Unread post by wildprincess »

Hello in regards to my last post about my super weird cycle this month, I would like to ask what is a light period exactly?

I got a brown discharge lasting two weeks 1-2 week after my period, could this be the start of my cycle already? It might have been as there was a few drops of blood and when I touched my uterus blood came on my finger.

Could this have been a really light cycle or something? I am a virgin and the only sexual activity I had had this month was being eaten out a few days AFTER my period. Oh and I have also just started high school plus doing A LOT like 11 hours of sports these days. During the summer I basically did nothing except sleep and eat. Could the sudden increase in stress and exercise cause this super light cycle.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Period problem?

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi wildprincess,

When we say a light period, we're generally referring to a period where there is not a lot of flow and usually mild symptoms. Of course, a light period is a little bit of a subjective measure, because every person is different when it comes to their average flow. But, as we've said before, there's no way for us to know what the discharge you had was. And, as you read in the M.I.A piece we linked you to last time, there are all sorts of reasons why a period might be irregular, including the fact that you're young, and it's pretty normal to have irregular cycles early on in your life (also, when you say you touched your uterus, I think you might be calling something by the wrong name. http://www.scarleteen.com/article/bodie ... s_and_more )

I think you might find reading this piece helpful:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic