HELP PLS

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
tsr99
Awesomeness Quotient: I read a lot
Primary language: english
Pronouns: he/him
Sexual identity: straight

HELP PLS

Unread post by tsr99 »

Dear Staff.
I just discovered this website, you guys do some great work!

My problem is that I am absolutely terrified of getting my girlfriend pregnant. We've only had sex twice and she is taking an estrogen pill daily as prescribed and we always use a condom and I withdraw. Despite these precautions I still can handle the anxiety afterwards.

Can you help?
Thanks
tsr99
Karyn
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I collect condoms.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: HELP PLS

Unread post by Karyn »

Welcome to Scarleteen. :)

I'm sorry you're having so much anxiety - it's definitely not a pleasant thing to deal with. My first suggestion would be to stop having any kind of sex that makes you worried until you can figure out what might be the cause and learn how to manage it.

As for the why, this piece goes into some of the different reasons that people can get anxious about pregnancy: You're Not Pregnant. Why Do You think You Are? (It doesn't totally apply to your situation, since I don't hear you saying that you're actually concerned your girlfriend is pregnant, but some of it still might be useful.)

Do you have this level of anxiety around anything else, or is it just pregnancy?
"Where there is power, there is resistance." -Michel Foucault
tsr99
Awesomeness Quotient: I read a lot
Primary language: english
Pronouns: he/him
Sexual identity: straight

Re: HELP PLS

Unread post by tsr99 »

Thanks for replying so quickly

It really just pregnancy that gets me so worked up, I know that the chances are almost literally one in a million but I keep playing the "what if" game in my head and it just keeps going in circles. You're right though, obviously I'm not ready for this quite yet.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic