Some blood after fingering anus?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Jellowl
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm very chill and happy
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Straight

Some blood after fingering anus?

Unread post by Jellowl »

This is something that's never happened before and I'm a little spooked by it. Anytime my boyfriend and I try fingering my anus, we have a well lubed finger and work at a decent pace so to not hurt me. We did everything as usual last night and this made me believe that nothing was wrong.
However, when I needed to go to the bathroom after, I noticed that there was a slight red tint when I wiped. Nothing bright red or vibrant, just a light pink colour. I thought it was leftover fluids from my vagina and that they were red because my period is due anyday now. They were not, it was coming from my anus. I can't see any obvious cuts on the outside so it must be on the inside

I am honestly a little spooked and concerned right now as this has never happened before. If it was painful I would've stopped but it wasn't. Was it a minor tear or could this be a bigger issue? I haven't passed a bowel mouvement yet to test this issue further, just some pink tinted wet farts (gross, very sorry about that)

Thanks for the advice, have a nice day
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Re: Some blood after fingering anus?

Unread post by Mo »

It can be possible to cause a small tear or injury with anal play even when using a lot of lube and going at a slow pace! It doesn't sound like this is a significant injury at all; hold off on any more anal play until a couple days after the bleeding's stopped, but other than that, unless you notice a big increase in the amount of bleeding that's happening I don't see any reason for concern.
One thing you may want to try, in the future, is using some gloves for anal fingering. Most drugstores will carry a big box pretty cheap and will offer latex and non-latex versions. Sometimes a sharp edge to a fingernail, or even a rough cuticle or calloused spot on a finger, will be enough to cause a minor tear or abrasion, and gloves smooth everything out so insertion is a lot easier and you're less likely to run into that sort of situation. So that may be something to think about for next time.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic