Curious

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
gatesy08
not a newbie
Pronouns: she, her
Sexual identity: heterosexual

Curious

Unread post by gatesy08 »

I'm just trying to understand the pill and my body so I'm just asked a hypothetical question.

Say you had sex without a condom during your third week of pills and missed your pill the next day but doubled up the way you're supposed to would you have to wait three weeks to take an accurate test? Or if you doubled up properly and continued your pills properly had your withdrawal bleed would that tell you you're fine and you wouldn't need a test?

Does that make sense? Just curious.
Karyn
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I collect condoms.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Curious

Unread post by Karyn »

A withdrawal bleed indicates that you have not become pregnant during the previous 3 weeks of active pills, so that would cover even risks in the last week of active pills.

I know you're anxious about pregnancy risks and it probably feels like learning as much as possible about how the pill works will help with that, but could I make a suggestion? Anxiety very often isn't improved by really immersing yourself in information about the thing that makes you anxious. Focusing on all these little details can actually keep you stuck in that anxiety rather than making it better, and I wonder if you might benefit by taking 24 hours away from looking up anything online about pregnancy or the pill (including posting here) and trying instead to focus on other things. What do you think?
"Where there is power, there is resistance." -Michel Foucault
gatesy08
not a newbie
Pronouns: she, her
Sexual identity: heterosexual

Re: Curious

Unread post by gatesy08 »

Yes I think you might be right.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic