Fingering myself is weird? Help!

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
calmandcute
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: Non-judgemental
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She, her
Sexual identity: Heterosexual Female

Fingering myself is weird? Help!

Unread post by calmandcute »

This is kinda embarrassing, but I tried to finger myself and it just felt weird? I could only put my middle finger in and it kinda curved, which I looked up and I think is the G spot? But I tried to move my finger and it just felt uncomfortable and more of just a bad pressure than pleasure. I normally just rub my clitoris, but I want to know if I can accommodate a future boyfriend sexually? All I heard about was fingering and then actual sex, so I wanted to try and I'm so confused and worried. Please help! Thank you!
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Fingering myself is weird? Help!

Unread post by Heather »

Welcome to the boards. Breathe. :) It's all good.

Doing new things with our bodies -- whether that's about sex or about something else entirely! -- can feel weird sometimes! new sensations can feel weird, and we can also find something feels different than we expect. And how something feels the first time we do it can always stay feeling similar or can feel super-different from day to day, or when we do that same thing differently, or when someone else does it, and so on. How that felt this time you did it doesn't tell us anything about what your body can and can't do with other sexual activities or what fingers inside your vaginal canal might feel like over time.

Where would you like to take this from here?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
calmandcute
not a newbie

Hi Heather!
Thank you for helping me here! I'm not quite sure what you mean by where I'd like to take this? I'm sorry I can't understand because I have trouble with understanding some things! Many thanks for your time and patience ^u^
Alice O
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm really good at taking naps.
Primary language: Engish
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: hetero

Unread post by Alice O »

Hey calmandcute,

When Heather said "Where would you like to take this from here?" I think they meant, "What, if anything, would you like to talk about next? Do you have further questions or concerns?"

At Scarleteen, we like to be really responsive to the users, following all of you in terms of where you want the conversations to go. Because ultimately we are here to support all of you guys, and you know you best!
calmandcute
not a newbie

Oh, okay that makes much more sense! Thank you for clearing that up for me :) Is it okay if I ask other questions on this forum? I have a fair few questions actually (I wasn't very well educated on anything :S) and I just want to make sure that I can ask in the correct manner. Thank you for your time ^u^
Ashleah
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: "I'm a woman phenomenally"
Pronouns: She/Her
Sexual identity: Straight

Unread post by Ashleah »

Hey calmandcute,

You can ask whatever you like as long as it respects our policy and guidelines! That's what we are here for!!! If you have a lot of questions about sex and sexuality, I would also recommend checking out are main page because we have a TON of great articles about pretty much everything.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic