Predicting Next Period After Using an ECP

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
erisnight
Awesomeness Quotient: I like to draw
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She
Sexual identity: Bisexual

Predicting Next Period After Using an ECP

Unread post by erisnight »

Hi! If this question has been already asked, then I'm sorry for not finding the thread for it :3 Anyway, I have used Nordette as an ECP for doing unprotected sex.I did the deed on Sept. 14 and used an the ECP hours later (it was within the 24 hour mark.) So after that, I have had my withdrawal bleeding for 6 days (from Sept. 19-Sept.26) I have heard you can predict your next period by counting from the first day of your withdrawal bleeding with your regular cycle (Mine is 34 days usually) Basing from my research, you can have your period one week earlier or one week late. The last time I have used the ECP method (I have only used this method for two times and I'm making sure this is the last time :3), I have had my period one week earlier from my usual cycle. I haven't had my period yet but I have taken a pregnancy test and it has said negative. So my main question is that, how can I know when my period will come? Will it come a week later this time? How can I predict this? (Sorry for the long message and thank you :3)
Redskies
previous staff/volunteer
Pronouns: they/them or she/her
Sexual identity: bisexual/queer/pansexual

Re: Predicting Next Period After Using an ECP

Unread post by Redskies »

Welcome to the boards, erisnight.

There isn't a way of predicting when your period will come. Using emergency contraception can cause temporary changes to the menstrual cycle for some people, and for other people it doesn't. It can also be different for the same person on different occasions. Your period might come when you would usually expect it, it might be early or late, or even missed altogether. It can also be any amount of time early or late, not just by one week.
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.
erisnight
Awesomeness Quotient: I like to draw
Pronouns: She
Sexual identity: Bisexual

Re: Predicting Next Period After Using an ECP

Unread post by erisnight »

I see, thank you so much :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic