bleeding after fingering?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
FLUFFINGKAT
Awesomeness Quotient: puppy obsessed
Pronouns: SHE/HER
Sexual identity: straight

bleeding after fingering?

Unread post by FLUFFINGKAT »

hi again!

so i wentn to my doctor and she recommended i take some birth control pills that would help my cycle come each month instead of every other month or something like that. i started on the pill early october, and i have been taking one each day ever since, yes i accidentally did skip a day but the next day i would take two! so i ended up getting my period on oct. 17, a friday, and i had dark almost sort of brownish/blackish bleeding which is sometimes common for me on my first day. The next day was a bit more intense i got red flow, and i wore a pad but it wasn't as heavy as usual, i guess because of the pill! but on wednesday of the same week i saw my boyfriend and he fingered me, through my clothes bc he knew i was on my period, and he was a little rough, though i did feel pleasure there was more pain than i had anticipated so i told him to stop. His penis was also hard, and since i was sitting on his lap it was a bit uncomfortable, so i told him and he stopped fingering me and we just ended up watching a movie. The thing is though, i usually get my period for a max of 6 or 5 days and if it goes up to 7 there's only light spotting. but now, it's the 8th day and when i wipe after i use the restroom i still see blood, and like the little "blood clots" in my urine. i don't know if i should be worried or if my boyfriend tore my hymen? or if the bleeding is normal since i'm still taking the pill (during my period)? We don't have insurance to go to a certified ob/gyn and my doctor is out of town, so i was wondering if you guys could maybe tell me what's going on? i don't feel pain anymore, but i jsut wish i knew why i'm still bleeding?
Eddie C
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I create. :)
Primary language: Spanish and English
Pronouns: She, her, they, hey you!
Sexual identity: Happy :)

Re: bleeding after fingering?

Unread post by Eddie C »

Is not unusual for periods to get wonky or weird when someone starts taking birth control. Lighter or heavier flows, longer periods, short periods, you name it. Sometimes bodies just need time to get used to birth control. If you don't have pain or discomfort (other than just the annoying spotting!), and the flow is not too heavy I'd say there's no need to worry about it.

And just a FYI: the corona (formerly known as hymen) doesn't get tore, or break. unless there's a genital injury or assault (especially when someone is a child). What happens with time is it wears away gradually. If you are interested you can see this article about this topic: http://www.scarleteen.com/article/bodie ... urround_it
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic