I really don't know how sperm works and this feeds my condition

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Jackson17
Awesomeness Quotient: I am good at computers
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he

I really don't know how sperm works and this feeds my condition

Unread post by Jackson17 »

Hi you can call me Jack...I am the guy from here http://www.scarleteen.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6521 and well I'm a little confused. I don't know if I have any condition such as OCD or anxiety but this looks like it but I really can't say.....

My question was clear in the last replies in that url.
I didn't do any sexual activity.. However I worry... Could you please answer those questions ?
Namely ...
* After sperm mixes with water on any surface like the floor and basin and if i wash it with water enough that it isn't noticable will it still be there ? and able to work ? AFTER 1 HOUR ofcourse will it still be viable ?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: I really don't know how sperm works and this feeds my condition

Unread post by Heather »

Here's some information for you about how reproduction can -- and can't -- happen, including information about sperm cells (which are only part of the equation, anyway: pregnancy isn't like catching a cold, it's a much, much more complex process than someone just being "exposed" to sperm cells):

Human Reproduction: A Seafarer's Guide
Who's Afraid of Sperm Cells?

And here is a page with resources for managing/getting help with anxiety: http://www.scarleteen.com/anxiety_and_o ... _resources
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Jackson17
Awesomeness Quotient: I am good at computers
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he

Unread post by Jackson17 »

Thank you so much ! I am now 95% clear with everything ! If you guys could just fill me in these last things, I'll be on my way with a refreshed and well informed mind !

This is from the article "Who's afraid of Sperm Cells''
Should you find yourself faced with a pregnancy scare scenario, especially when other logic is failing you, you might keep these criteria in mind and ask yourself:
Has it been sitting out for a long time, like an hour?
The question above... does it apply if sperm has been mixed with water too ? or does the time limit change in this scenario ? (Ofcourse my sperm mixed with water upto the point you couldn't even see any white stuff with the naked eye, so we are talking super super small amounts that one can't usually see)

Also the other criteria stated that the temperature should be exactly the body temp for it to survive... now I don't have a thermometer but I can assuredly state that when I felt the temperature of my umm..I'm kinda embarrased ..when I felt my testicles it was quite warm compared to the bathroom. So I can conclude that there was a difference in temperature ?

Lastly, I completely trust in your credibility and have seen this site work wonders for many ... noting on all the latest developments till today I needed to know this (I am in no way trying to demean you volunteers or anyone for that matter as you'll stated this work is the result of decades of study and it is definitely impressive so please pardon me)
Do you guys still stand by this :
The only and ONLY way to possibly create a pregnancy risk (without any protection at all of course).. Is EITHER
*Intercourse (Penis in vagina sex) OR
*DIRECT rubbing of genitals OR
*DIRECT contact with ejaculate or any other fluids.
I believe I am wasting precious resources and your time cause no one likes answering silly questions. Hence it would be totally okay if I got one word replies too.. I just feel relieved now that my doubts are almost clear !
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

It's important we hold certain lines when it comes to engaging with irrational pregnancy anxiety and anxiety, period.

The information I gave you is a level of engagement I feel comfortable with. Engaging with the questions you're asking now, particularly since they still are working with a framework of thinking about this that dismisses facts (e.g., this issue of water could only be relevant if human reproduction happened a whole different way than it does), and you are clearly seeking reassurance, something known to do the opposite of helping to stop cycles of anxiety.

My best advice to you would be to get a mental health evaluation as your next step. In the other thread, you make clear you feel it's very likely you have OCD or another kind of anxiety disorder. I agree, it sounds like you do. If so, exchanges like this won't help you out. Qualified care, on the other hand, most likely will.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic