Nexplanon

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Hannah21
not a newbie
Pronouns: She/her

Nexplanon

Unread post by Hannah21 »

Hello again!
Since my last post on here I got my nexplanon inserted! However I got it inserted two days before I was supposed to start my period (I track them and when I ovulate) now I am 5 days late. I am wondering if the implant started to work that quickly? They had me take a pregnancy test on the day I got it inserted and it was negative. Thank you!
al
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I make zines!
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Nexplanon

Unread post by al »

Hi there Hannah,

What's more likely is that your cycle was disrupted because of the sudden influx of hormones from the implant. It will probably take a little bit (possibly a few months!) for your cycles to restabilize (or even disappear!), although it is advertised as fully effective just 5 days after insertion.
Nothing happens in contradiction to nature, only in contradiction to what we know of it. -Special Agent Dana Katherine Scully
Hannah21
not a newbie
Pronouns: She/her

Re: Nexplanon

Unread post by Hannah21 »

Al,
Awesome! Thank you for the quick response. That's what I assumed it was just concerning to be 6 days late after recently becoming more sexually active.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic