Brith Control

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
theonlyone
Awesomeness Quotient: Smile
Primary language: English
Pronouns: Her
Sexual identity: Female

Brith Control

Unread post by theonlyone »

Hello i have a question. I had an abortion on September 10 i tgen started taking birth control called generess fe on October 5th i am now on my second pack and still not peroid. I have never missed a day talking the pills but i was late taking it one day instead of taking it at 7 i took it at 8. I statred to feel funny the same way i felt when i was prego before so i took a test today and it was pos. How can that be? Now i had unprotected sex with my partner on October 11th and the 15th. Can i really be pregent again? And why would that happen?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Brith Control

Unread post by Heather »

Assuming you went for your follow-up post-abortion to be sure it was complete, so you aren't still pregnant from before, your test may be positive because of previously being pregnant: when a person was pregnant, it can take a couple months for tests to show negatives again.

However, I would obviously go ahead and follow up with a healthcare provider here just to be sure. You're right, pregnancy is very unlikely when using a birth control pill correctly, but it is still possible. So, you want to make sure that's not what is going on here.

Just for future reference, what we know prevents pregnancy best -- almost entirely -- is dual contraception: using two methods, not just one. So, given you clearly do not want to become or be pregnant, I'd strongly encourage you to add condoms to your sexual activity, to use as a backup with your pill.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
theonlyone
Awesomeness Quotient: Smile
Pronouns: Her
Sexual identity: Female

Unread post by theonlyone »

Yes i went to my follow up visit and everything was ok.
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Unread post by Mo »

That's good! So as Heather said, you know that pregnancy was successfully terminated but it's a good idea to just check back in with a doctor since while this may just be the normal resetting of your system causing a false positive, it's best to know for sure!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic