Discharge

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Kritika
Pronouns: She

Discharge

Unread post by Kritika »

Hey.
My periods are irregular. I have a cycle of 27-38 days. Today is my 35th day and from the past 2 days i am noticing light green egg white discharge. I dont know whether it is something to worry about or not.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Discharge

Unread post by Heather »

Greenish discharges often are a signal of possible bacterial infections. Are you up-to-date with your sexual healthcare? If not -- or you are, but you haven't seen a healthcare provider about this before -- can you get that healthcare soon?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Kritika

Unread post by Kritika »

I had protected sex on 25th Sept. And i still havent got my periods yet. Is the green discharge something to do with it? I dint get it today though. I haven't seen any healthcare provider about this.
Heather

Unread post by Heather »

It's unlikely this is related to any change in your cycle: your cycles do what they do mostly because of hormones. A vaginal infection is usually only about your vagina.

Can you go ahead and see a healthcare provider about the discharge?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Kritika

Unread post by Kritika »

I will surely visit a healthcare provider. I searched in google though and it stated that green eggwhite discharge is due to pregnancy. Is that by any chance true?
Heather

Unread post by Heather »

If you are concerned about a pregnancy, then what you'll want and need to do is to take a pregnancy test. We won't engage with pregnancy scares here, and looking at discharges isn't a reliable way to screen for pregnancy. Your healthcare provider will likely run a pregnancy test just as a usual test that's always run when also screening for genital infections, which thus more likely is. If you want to be sure they do that, though, then you'll want to ask them to explicitly.
Kritika

Unread post by Kritika »

Thank you so much. :) i will surely be visiting a healthcare provider.
Heather

Unread post by Heather »

Of course. Take good care of yourself. :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic