the conraceptive pill

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
blueberryy
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: funny
Primary language: english
Pronouns: nope
Sexual identity: straight

the conraceptive pill

Unread post by blueberryy »

Hi there, when i first started taking the contraceptive pill i took it on the first day of my period which was on a monday, then as i came to finish my pack i took the last pill on a sunday and i was on the placebo week, so i took the next pill after placebo on a sunday, is this right? Or was i suppose to take it on a monday? Iam i unprotected now or the pill is still effective :/please hellp
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Re: the conraceptive pill

Unread post by Mo »

Did you take the placebo pills during that week? As long as you took one pill per day, you're on the right pill right now. If it turns out you did start your next pack a day early, it won't impact the pill's effectiveness in any way, so it's really not something you need to worry about.
blueberryy
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: funny
Primary language: english
Pronouns: nope
Sexual identity: straight

Unread post by blueberryy »

No i didnt take placebo pills as the pill iam on im suppose to take for 21 days and then a week free of any pilss
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Unread post by Mo »

Ok. Often times, pills are packaged with a week of placebo pills that have no medication, just so folks don't lose track of where they are in the month - it helps with this sort of situation. It sounds like you took your pill a day early - if your first pill was taken on a Monday, then the first pill of the next pack would also be taken on a Monday - but as I said before, that won't impact the effectiveness in any way.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic