Torn hymen or more serious?!

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Carley.erin
Awesomeness Quotient: Artsy
Primary language: English
Pronouns: Her
Sexual identity: I have a boyfriend

Torn hymen or more serious?!

Unread post by Carley.erin »

We had protected sex 2 weeks ago and he didn t come in me at all so there is no way I m pregnant. Plus I have taken two tests both of which came back negative. I have read a bit on the internet about tearing vaginal walls, tearing haymens (popping of cherry) and improper lubrication. I was a virgin so I m positive he popped my cherry but it was also pretty rough and uncomfortable so idk if he damaged something or if we had improper lubrication. Right after I started bleeding diluted blood into the following morning. Then it stopped for a day or two then brown and/or red discharge began coming out that was sticky some times the redder blood is slimier. Now two weeks later, being a competitive soccer player, I only notice this discharge after hard practices or games then it stops. I'm not sure if a.) I actually damaged something, b) the blood is cleaning out before my period or c.) if I keep re-injuring it when I play soccer. Also my period should be here soon because I recognized symptoms such as frequent urination, bloating, rumbling tummy, and slight back aches! Please Respond!! I'm a bit panicked, advice, personal experience?! Anything helps!! :| :oops:
Redskies
previous staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: they/them or she/her
Sexual identity: bisexual/queer/pansexual

Re: Torn hymen or more serious?!

Unread post by Redskies »

Welcome to the boards!

So, some of what you've read isn't correct. "Popping your cherry" is just a phrase meaning having intercourse for the first time; it doesn't mean anything physical at all. There's no "cherry", and nothing "pops". It's unlikely that your hymen tore. Most people think that's what happens when someone has entry for the first time, but it's actually a myth. Instead, the hymen (or its new, myth-free name, the corona) wears away gradually during ordinary life.

The vaginal walls are quite delicate and can get small tears if entry is too rough or not lubricated enough - most people do need to use extra lube from a bottle in order to have sex that truly feels good. Usually, any little tears heal up just fine, like any other small injuries on the skin. For the future, any time sex is uncomfortable, it's best to stop whatever activity is hurting, because pain is an indication that something isn't quite right.

As you're still having a bit of blood, I'd suggest getting checked by a healthcare provider. Do you know how to access that care?
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic