Abortion information

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Inchy
not a newbie

Abortion information

Unread post by Inchy »

Hello:)
I am thinking about sleeping with my boyfriend for the first time. I would just like to know if being on the injection for half a year and using spemacide and using a condom and making sure he does not cum while inside of me lowers the risk completely??Would using all this protection ensure me not falling pregnant. Another thing I would like to know if by any chance these 4 pregancy prevention methods dnt work and I do have a 0.002% chance of falling pregant what morning after pills can I use and how do they work and if they do work???and what other abortion methods are there to prevent pregnancy???
Thank u so much for taking time to read my post:)
Xxx
Inchy
not a newbie

Re: Abortion information

Unread post by Inchy »

From being on the contraceptive injection I dnt get my periods any more at all so does this also mean that i am not producing a egg so does this lower the risk of pregancy??
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Unread post by Mo »

Hi Inchy,

There's really no way we can say that intercourse carries NO risk whatsoever of pregnancy; however, when using multiple forms of birth control properly the chances are incredibly low. We have an article that shows how effective various combinations of two methods are here, to give you an idea: The Buddy System: Effectiveness Rates for Backing Up Your Birth Control With a Second Method

In terms of the morning after pill, when you're on a hormonal birth control method there's really no reason to use them, especially when you're on one as reliable as the injection. As long as you get your injections on time, there's nothing for the morning-after pill to do - the hormones in the shots are already doing that job. Here's some information on it so you can learn more: Emergency Contraception (Plan B or the Morning-After-Pill) but in your current situation it's not something you'd need unless you stopped getting the injections.

We have an article that gives a rundown on various contraception methods here: Birth Control Bingo! Abortion is something different - while birth control/contraception are methods of preventing pregnancy, abortion is a way to end a pregnancy that's already occurred. If you want some info on abortion, we have that here: All About Abortion
Inchy
not a newbie

Unread post by Inchy »

Thank u so much for your reply.
I am curious to know that if I do not have my period due to the injection won't it make pregnancy impossible because I'm not producing a egg???
Xxx
Inchy
not a newbie

Unread post by Inchy »

Why is it that I do not get my period while being on the contraceptive injection??
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

Some users do, others do not. Really, it's just about the variations with how different people's bodies react to that hormone in that form, at that dosage.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Inchy
not a newbie

Unread post by Inchy »

But what does it do to my body does it prevent a egg from forming???
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

Are you saying you don't understand how your method works?

If so, your method, like other hormonal method, works by using synthetic hormones to send different signals to your brain and reproductive system than the hormones of your cycles normally would. Normally, an ovum ripens and is released each cycle, only because of specific hormonal signals from the body: but your method and others like it scramble and change that signal, so the signal to ovulate simply isn't sent.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic