Polyamory resources?

Questions and discussions about relationships: girlfriends, boyfriends, lovers, partners, friends, family or other intimate relationships in your lives.
Anya
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I make my own jewelry!
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: Pansexual

Polyamory resources?

Unread post by Anya »

I'm four years into polyamory and still on my search for good polyamory resources, especially those that go deeper into the psychology of relationship structuring and problem-solving for complex non-monogamous relationships, but I keep running into the same wall. It seems like everyone on a platform who is talking about non-monogamy is talking to those who are just starting out.

I've read Polysecure and The Ethical Slut, and listened to Polyamory Weekly, Polyamory Uncensored, etc, but they still only cover what seems like the more basic issues and complexities of non-monogamy.

What are some resources that folks have found to be helpful or insightful that not only focus on the transition in, but everything that may come after it as well?

Thanks!!! :D
Jacob
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: They

Re: Polyamory resources?

Unread post by Jacob »

Good question!

There's always our very own 'A First Polyamory Guide'. I also enjoyed More Than Two, especially for the more realistic expectations it sets, plus more than a couple of podcasts which speak about non-monogamy.

However in the past few years I have gone off reading/listening to too much stuff about poly. I try to think about relationships with more general every-day vocabulary but also try to think about my own relationships through the far more specific lens of how my partners (when I have any!) and friends and family, I myself are actually feeling and and wanting, if that makes sense?
"In between two tall mountains there's a place they call lonesome.
Don't see why they call it lonesome.
I'm never lonesome when I go there." Connie Converse - Talkin' Like You
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic