Help - AGAIN pls

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
happygirl1
Pronouns: She/her

Help - AGAIN pls

Unread post by happygirl1 »

Hi! I posted a little while ago but there is some new info now. So a quick backstory is I had sex in December. I have had periods since then, but they have been really light and weird. Then recently I saw a tik tok about Cryptic pregnancy and it triggered some worries. So I took a pregnancy test (I would have been like 33 weeks) and it was negative, then I got worried about hook effect since I am taking it so late. I then had an annual gyno appointment about a week later (34 weeks). I told her my concerns said there was no reason to test and did a pelvic exam where she said she would feel for the baby, then I got scared again, maybe she missed it. I ended up getting a blood test too, it was also negative. But then again lab errors happen. I can't shake this feeling and for the past almost 48 hours I have been having a weird, sharp pain under my uterus. It isn't painful, just uncomfortable. I have read those can be braxton hicks. Then recently I have been feeling like I need to poop, but I can't. Not to mention really weird uterus cramps and etc. Do you think I could be starting early labor. I have no reason to be experiencing these cramps because I started birth control this month, and I am on the second to last day of my sugar pill. I also read about the cervix test, so I tried doing that but my cervix is high and soft, and I can fit a finger nail in it, which means it is 0.5 dilated. I am so scared and I don't know what to do, I thought this anxiety would have passed, but it came back after the weird uterus cramps. What are the chances I am pregnant?
AliahMaharaj
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: My wit and sense of humour
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her, he/him or they/them
Sexual identity: Bisexual, aromantic, demigirl

Re: Help - AGAIN pls

Unread post by AliahMaharaj »

Hi happygirl1,

First off, I’m sorry you’ve been experiencing so much anxiety about this, it can be incredibly frustrating when uncertainty creeps up again after you think it’s over with.

Right now you may feel like all you have are scary unanswered questions, but it’s important to focus on the concrete information that you have: the pregnancy test you took was negative, the pelvic exam you had found no evidence of pregnancy, and your blood test results came back negative.

It’s common for any unfamiliar feelings or discomfort you experience in your body in circumstances like this to seem like confirmations of your fears, but that doesn’t mean that’s what they are.

It’s also way too easy to focus on the possibility of the facts you have being unreliable or somehow inaccurate, and when that happens, many of us try to compensate by looking up everything we can about our situation, hoping we’ll eventually find that one answer that gives us the absolute certainty that we want, but the unfortunate reality is that doing that usually just leaves us with more unanswered questions, and leaves us feeling like we’re back at square one: afraid, and searching for absolute certainty that the thing we’re afraid of isn’t happening.

All of this creates a vicious cycle of doubt and fear that wants us to keep feeding it overtime, and it can feel like there’s no end, no peace, in sight. The good news is that you don’t have to feel that way, and you’re the one with the power to get past it.

The concrete information I mentioned before can be one of your greatest assets in doing that, because focusing on the facts of your situation can make it less tempting to go searching for information that only leaves you confused. If you don’t keep searching for certainty, there won’t be any uncertainty to fuel or continue your anxiety.

A great way to start dismantling the cycle that the anxiety has created would be to try to avoid reading, watching or searching for anything pregnancy-related for a while, at least 24 hours. That can give you a chance to take a breather and not be bombarded by any new questions. How does that sound to you?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic