Questions about COCP

Questions and discussion about contraception, safer sex, STIs, sexual healthcare and other sexual health issues.
sakamoto
not a newbie
Pronouns: he/him

Questions about COCP

Unread post by sakamoto »

Hi,

Throng reading medication instructions, I know medication users need to take COCP within the first 5 days of period. This is due to the need to suppress ovulation as early as possible.

But I'm curious, if COCP is taken later, such as when the egg is released or is about to be released, does COCP still work? I've seen some opinions saying that I can still take it, just use condom for 7 days. But in this case, it seems pointless to take it because the egg has already been released, right?

I wouldn't take COCP that way, I'm just curious. Thank you.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Questions about COCP

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Sakamoto,

I actually recommend giving this piece of ours a read, as it goes over the ins and outs of taking the contraceptive pill really thoroughly, including about things like when and how to start it: Three questions about taking the birth control pill (and plenty of answers)
And you to whom adversity has dealt the final blow/with smiling bastards lying to you everywhere you go/turn to and put out all your strength of arm and heart and brain/and like the Mary Ellen Carter rise again.
sakamoto
not a newbie
Pronouns: he/him

Unread post by sakamoto »

Sam W wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 7:41 am Hi Sakamoto,

I actually recommend giving this piece of ours a read, as it goes over the ins and outs of taking the contraceptive pill really thoroughly, including about things like when and how to start it: Three questions about taking the birth control pill (and plenty of answers)
Oh this article is detailed. Thank you!
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

You're welcome!
And you to whom adversity has dealt the final blow/with smiling bastards lying to you everywhere you go/turn to and put out all your strength of arm and heart and brain/and like the Mary Ellen Carter rise again.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic