Pregnancy risk through hands?!

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Sandrah
Pronouns: She/her

Pregnancy risk through hands?!

Unread post by Sandrah »

So, I was giving oral to my boyfriend and I was also touching his penis with my hands. He then finished in my mouth and there wasn't any visible semen on my hands. I then washed my hands with water and soap and then touched my vagina. This is a ZERO chance of pregnancy scenario right?! (I'm aware it sounds a tad exaggerated but I need reassurance)
Latha
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Queer

Re: Pregnancy risk through hands?!

Unread post by Latha »

Hi Sandrah, welcome to the boards!

Yes, you are right! There is no chance of pregnancy in the situation that you've described. Sperm cells are pretty delicate, so they can't survive being transferred to your hands and then being exposed to soap and water.
Sandrah

Unread post by Sandrah »

Thank you so much for your patience, even though I'm well informed on how conception works I still suffer from severe anxiety and intrusive thoughts. Since you're telling me that this didn't pose any risk of pregnancy and there are no exceptions (I suppose) I'll try to be more calm, If you have any suggestions on how to stop those recurring thoughts It would be of great help.
Last edited by Sandrah on Fri Sep 20, 2024 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sam W
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Sandrah,

If you know you struggle with anxiety and intrusive thoughts, have you ever spoken with a mental healthcare provider about those? If not, that may be a place to start, just to see if there's a larger mental health issue that needs to be addressed.
And you to whom adversity has dealt the final blow/with smiling bastards lying to you everywhere you go/turn to and put out all your strength of arm and heart and brain/and like the Mary Ellen Carter rise again.
Sandrah

Unread post by Sandrah »

I just had my first therapy session today, It will take some effort and patience but some underlying issues have already been addressed and I'm trying to stay positive
Sam W
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

I'm glad you've been able to get in to see someone! I suspect the more you're able to address the main source of the anxiety, the more you'll notice it's easier to hold onto the facts of a situation rather than the fears over it.
And you to whom adversity has dealt the final blow/with smiling bastards lying to you everywhere you go/turn to and put out all your strength of arm and heart and brain/and like the Mary Ellen Carter rise again.
Sandrah

Unread post by Sandrah »

Thank you! :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic