Saying Goodbye

Site or organizational updates, like new content, tools or services, activist alerts, news or other Scarleteen-related information.
Sam W
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Saying Goodbye

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi everyone,

As some of you may have seen on our social media channels, after 11 years I'll be moving on from Scarleteen to enter the field of death work. I wanted to leave this post to say thank you to everyone who's been part of our awesome Scarleteen community over the time I've been here, and because it didn't feel right to just disappear without a proper goodbye to the boards. I wish everyone the best <3
And you to whom adversity has dealt the final blow/with smiling bastards lying to you everywhere you go/turn to and put out all your strength of arm and heart and brain/and like the Mary Ellen Carter rise again.
Jacob
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: They

Re: Saying Goodbye

Unread post by Jacob »

We love you Sam! Bon Voyage and happy trails, and don't let the bastards grind you down!
"In between two tall mountains there's a place they call lonesome.
Don't see why they call it lonesome.
I'm never lonesome when I go there." Connie Converse - Talkin' Like You
jellyfish4
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I do a lot of art, and I scuba
Primary language: English
Pronouns: Idk
Sexual identity: Asexual

Re: Saying Goodbye

Unread post by jellyfish4 »

I know you are already gone but I wanted to say thank you, I also know you probably helped a million people and don’t remember specific ones. But I honestly don’t know if I would have made it through my situation without your support and wisdom. You made such a huge impact on my life and for that I am so grateful. Whenever I was able to chat with you I felt so much less alone, so please never doubt the value and impact of the work you did here. You helped me reach out to others for help and taught me that it’s ok not to be ok and just let that out. I really can’t put into words how grateful I am for you, thank you for existing sam, and good luck in whatever you do next, I know you will help more people just as much as you helped me and so many others here. Love- Elie
Of course you feel too much, you are a universe of exploding stars
- S. ajna
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic