light period after sex

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
tryvstrul
Pronouns: she/her

light period after sex

Unread post by tryvstrul »

hello! i recently started having protected sex with my boyfriend and my pregnancy anxiety has calmed down a lot, but i’m left confused and kinda worried about my previous period. each time we have had sex it is always with a condom and for the most part he still pulls out when he finishes, but this last period was a weird one. it came on time but it was very light compared to my regular cycle. it lasted the regular 4-5 days & i had a lot of blood clots so i doubt it could be implantation bleeding. i also had really really bad cramps on the first day which is kinda usual but i don’t think they ever hurt that badly. i don’t have any of the other pregnancy symptoms like nausea, sore/tender breasts, etc. which is why i don’t think im pregnant because again it was all protected, but what could cause my period to lighten up if nothing else has changed other than becoming sexually active? during my period, i didn’t have much of an appetite so i didn’t eat as much, but im still confused? is this something to worry about? i have always always had a regular cycle with heavy bleeding the first 3 days, but for it to be as light as it was with the heavy cramps was a little concerning.
CaitlinEve
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queer

Re: light period after sex

Unread post by CaitlinEve »

Hi tryvstrul,

I'm glad to hear that your pregnancy anxiety has calmed down! Menstrual cycles can be affected by a wide variety of things including diet, exercise, and stress (to name a few!). Implantation bleeding in particular would not last 4-5 days. I wouldn't say that this is something to worry about right now, but I recommend that you keep an eye on it and check with a doctor if it continues to concern you.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic