Bisexual or just a teenager?

Questions and discussion about your sexuality and how it's a part of who you are as a person.
Star
newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2026 12:59 pm
Age: 15
My primary language: English!
My pronouns: She/her
My sexual identity and orientation: Don’t know…
Location: Netherlands

Bisexual or just a teenager?

Unread post by Star »

Hi loves!
I am a teenage girl, and for a while now I have been questioning my sexuality. I am in an amazing relationship with my awesome boyfriend and I genuinely see a future with him, but I am wondering whether I might be bisexual. Is it weird to think this while being in a relationship with a male?

Also, I’m not even completely sure if I’m bisexual. I know that everyone around me would accept it and be nice about it, but it is still very scary to me. I could see myself kissing other girls and I am attracted to girls, but I don’t know if I could genuinely marry a girl.
I think this might be because it is all so unknown to me and that really scares me.
Also I’m scared that maybe later I’ll decide I’m not really bisexual.
+ I don’t want people to think I’m queerbaiting…

Please help me guys!! Thank you🫶
amber
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Posts: 229
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2025 7:24 am
Age: 24
My primary language: English
My pronouns: she/they
My sexual identity and orientation: bisexual
Location: maine

Re: Bisexual or just a teenager?

Unread post by amber »

Hi Star and welcome to the boards!

I wanna start by saying you are certainly not alone. Sooo many people come here with similar questions or concerns.

You can be in a happy and healthy relationship while exploring your sexual identity. This does not have to mean pursuing more relationships but can be much more internal. Either way, it does not mean that you are unhappy or unsatisfied in your current relationship.

For some people, sexual and romantic attraction may differ between the genders of people they are attracted to. For example, they may be sexually interested in all people (regardless of gender) but only interested in romantically pursuing women. For this and many other reasons, sexual identities are not so rigid or straight forward. Instead they are words we use to help describe ourselves. So if you are feeling like bisexual is resonating for you, use it! Real people can not 'queer-bait'. We are all capable of fluid and changing sexualities. If you want to describe yourself as bisexual today and something else tomorrow that would be completely alright!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post