I can't stop comparing myself to men
-
freak4thecreek
- newbie
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2026 8:37 pm
- Age: 19
- My pronouns: she/her
- My sexual identity and orientation: lesbian
- Location: texas
I can't stop comparing myself to men
I have a terrible habit of comparing myself to men. I'm a 19 year old masc lesbian with no way of navigating this and I have no idea why I do it!!?!! I don't want to transition and I've gone through the motions to rule this out, I just feel inferior deep down and i get so frustrated because I wish I had the same privileges they do. It's something I constantly battle with and I don't know how to stop. 
-
char
- scarleteen staff/volunteer
- Posts: 361
- Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2025 3:08 am
- Age: 26
- My Awesomeness Quotient: i have chromesthesia!
- My primary language: english
- My pronouns: they/them/theirs or xe/xem/xyrs
- My sexual identity and orientation: aromantic queer/bisexual
- Location: southeast asia (SEA)
Re: I can't stop comparing myself to men
Hi freak4thecreek, welcome! I'm sorry to hear that you've been struggling with your thoughts for a while. I hear you with the frustration--there are a number of things that some cisgender men take for granted in their lives. Take being able to walk at night with relative ease and security, for example; that's something a lot of folks of marginalized genders cannot do. When you mentioned "privileges," which one(s) do you find the most frustrating?
Never be scared of trying to reach once more the dreams you'd briefly forgotten. / Listen to the voice of your heart.
-
- Similar Topics
- Replies
- Views
- Last post