Question...

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Juliet14
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: My eyes
Primary language: English
Pronouns: Any
Sexual identity: I don't know

Question...

Unread post by Juliet14 »

I lost my virginity 15 days ago unprotected but he didn't ejaculate inside of me. Then exactly 7 days later I had sex with the same guy again this time with a condom. Although 20mins later we had sex again with out protection but he was not able to finish because of an interruption. I was suppose to have started my period 3days ago but I did not. I already have a irregular period I've gone months with out having it before. But then a day ago a dark brown (I'm guessing blood) substance came out of my vagina (almost like a period) it bled all day really heavy so I guessed it was my period. Then today it was bone dry mybe just a drop of dark red. Should I be worried about pregnancy or anything at all. What could this be/mean?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Question...

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Juliet,

So, because you had unprotected sex twice -- and had intercourse, period, which always poses some level of potential pregnancy risk, it's just that methods of contraception reduce that risk -- you did indeed have a risk of pregnancy. Since you used withdrawal, that risk is not as high as if the person had ejaculated, but it is still present (you can read about the effectiveness of withdrawal here: Withdrawal

At this point, you'll need to wait and take a pregnancy test, which you can read about doing here:Peeing on a Stick: All About Pregnancy Tests

I also want to check, do you know your partners STI status? And, do you know why you chose not to use condoms in these instances?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic