Almost 40 days without a period?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
repsev
not a newbie

Almost 40 days without a period?

Unread post by repsev »

So for background info, I started my last period on January 26th and while I doubt my periods are completely regular, they usually fall within 32 days of each other. My boyfriend and I had sex on the 7th day of my cycle, the last day of my period, and we used a condom. He ejaculated inside and when he pulled out, I noticed semen in the tip of the condom but also in the shaft. Would this be because the condom was somewhat loose on him? Also, I'm pretty sure I didn't ovulate within the next 5 days of this so would that mean chances of pregnancy would be really low anyways?
We then had sex again on the 13th day of my cycle. We used a condom and he pulled out before ejaculation (the condom didn't slip off and the semen was in the tip), however on days 16-18 of my cycle, I felt mild cramps on my right side and came across cervical mucus that I could stretch. I believed this was ovulation but then later in my cycle, around days 24-27 I had really watery cervical mucus that led to even stretchier mucus. Could this be a sign that I ovulated twice? Or is encountering stretchy cervical mucus so far apart in one cycle relatively normal? I should also mention that we had sex again on the 20th day of my cycle. We used a condom and he withdrew before ejaculating again, making sure the condom didn't slip off, and the semen was in the tip once again.
I don't know if I should be too concerned about pregnancy as I don't believe these situations posed a lot of risk, but I'm not sure where my period could be. I'm on day 39 and I've been having mild cramps off and on for about the last week now along with very little cervical mucus. The CM that I have had is white and dry/somewhat sticky, I've also been constantly hungry but I'm pretty positive that's due to stress. I was hoping you could provide further clarification on my situation. I've been through all of your articles along with other messages on the boards, they have helped a ton so far. Also, one more question, I've read on here that a broken condom is usually noticeable, so you'd be able to notice even a small tear? And you can usually trust that the condom was effective without inspecting it thoroughly and just by looking at it?
Sorry for this being so long and including so many numbers!
Thank you so much! :)
Johanna
previous staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Almost 40 days without a period?

Unread post by Johanna »

From what you are writing here, I have to agree - if you used condoms correctly and for all genital contact, pregnancy is unlikely. And you really do see when a condom breaks. Even if they just get a small tear to start with, those tears get bigger and the condom bursts, sort of like a balloon.

Unless you are charting your cycle thoroughly (with recording your cervical mucus and basal temperatures daily) and have been doing so for a while, just looking at discharge some days does not tell you much about your cycle or whether you are ovulating. If you are interested in keeping track of that kind of info, you can learn how to here: Get With the Flow: All About FAM

Periods can be late from time to time, so it's not unusual for this to happen. But if you want to be absolutely sure that you're not pregnant, the thing to do is to take a test.
"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." - Ayn Rand
repsev
not a newbie

Unread post by repsev »

Thank you! And regarding the semen I saw around the shaft the first time, that's normal? Like not having all of the semen remain in the tip but flow down around the shaft?
Johanna
previous staff/volunteer
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Johanna »

Did he pull out pretty soon after ejaculation? If not, you want to get into the habit of doing that. You might find this article helpful: Condom Basics: A User's Manual

But regardless, as long as the condom did not slip off or break, it did its job.
"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." - Ayn Rand
repsev
not a newbie

Unread post by repsev »

Yes, he did pull out pretty soon and it didn't slip off and wasn't noticeably broken. I guess it was just a looser condom?
Ashleah
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: "I'm a woman phenomenally"
Pronouns: She/Her
Sexual identity: Straight

Unread post by Ashleah »

A loose condom would slip or fall off during sex. It's possible there was not enough space at the tip of the condom for the semen. Make sure you check out the link! It describes the proper technique for putting on condoms.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic