Hello, some advice would be appreciated please

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
princesspeach
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I've seen every episode of friends about 57 times
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: straight

Re: Hello, some advice would be appreciated please

Unread post by princesspeach »

I definitely plan to be, thanks! I guess I'm just concerned with exactly HOW much detail etc. I'll have to be sharing in order for her to get a good idea of where I'm at? Do you think she'll have to know every little detail?

I'm also worried because, while my workmate is able to come with me tomorrow, she won't be able to come with me every time and soon enough I'll have to go alone. The thought of being there alone really scares me :/ any advice on how to get past that?
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Re: Hello, some advice would be appreciated please

Unread post by Mo »

You may be reading this after your appointment today; if that's the case I hope it went well. Did this visit give you a sense of what you might be worried about having to deal with on future visits? If you feel comfortable with it, it's ok to tell people there that you're feeling scared about going alone or talking about certain details. In general, if anyone is pressing for more detail than you're comfortable sharing, it's ok to let them know that you aren't ready to go into more detail, or even specifically ask "what's the minimum I can tell you about this?" It sounds like since the focus might be how you've been impacted, you can focus more on that, which might feel easier to talk about, than any details of the incident itself.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic