Diarrhea on Placebo week

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
minischnaulover

Diarrhea on Placebo week

Unread post by minischnaulover »

I started having diarrhea (which I know is several watery stools within a 24 hour period) on the second day of my placebo birth control pills. Do I need to use backup protection even though I am not on the active pills? I am fairly sure that this can't affect the birth control efficacy since I'm on the placebo pills, but I just wanted to confirm that. Thank you!
Redskies
previous staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: they/them or she/her
Sexual identity: bisexual/queer/pansexual

Re: Diarrhea on Placebo week

Unread post by Redskies »

You're right, this won't affect your pill's effectiveness because you're on the placebos at the moment. Diarrhoea would only be a problem if it might interfere with the absorption of an active pill, and on the second day of the placebos, it certainly can't do that :)

In general, we do suggest using dual contraception for people who don't want to become pregnant. If you feel happy with your pill as a single method, though, there's no reason to do anything differently to usual simply because of that diarrhoea.
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic