Is it supposed to hurt?

Questions and discussion about your sexual lives, choices, activities, ideas and experiences.
Whimsy_Clover
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/He/They
Sexual identity: Lesbian

Is it supposed to hurt?

Unread post by Whimsy_Clover »

Recently, I've been trying to implement vaginal fingering into masturbation, alongside usually just stimulating my clitoris. I know that fingering will hurt without prior arousal, so I often try to do so after orgasm when the entrance is really wet. Despite this, it still really hurts for me to try and insert two fingers, even after attempting this for several months. Am I too tense? Does my vagina still need more lubrication, or is it just different and easier to insert fingers when having intercourse with a partner?
"And, I say, we will be remembered, even in another time." ~ Sappho
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Is it supposed to hurt?

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Whimsy_Clover,

There could be a few different things going on here. One is that our bodies (and our genitals in particular) can get very sensitive after orgasm, to the point that trying to insert things like fingers into the vaginal canal is actually painful. So, one thing to try would be to insert your fingers when you're already very aroused but before you've reach orgasm. You can also try adding more lube; how much is needed to feel comfortable can vary from person to person and for a given person from day to day.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic